1. get 7 hours of sleep
2. wake up early enough to walk
3. drink fresh carrot-apple juice in the morning
4. write down my thoughts in a journal before I speak to anyone
5. take my vitamins
6. drink enough water
7. practice Pilates exercises
8. do my Karen Voight workout
9. check on my goals & visualize positive outcomes
10. practice QiGong healing sounds before bed
11. this is actually the first thing I do each day upon awakening. I thank God in a prayer that goes 'I am grateful to you source of all that lives and exists for restoring my soul with compassion, great is your faithfulness, Amen.' This is a Hebrew prayer that gives me great comfort and spiritual strength.
These all help me have a happy, pain free day. I don't always get them all done but I try my best. I have more energy and I think my family likes having me around better because I am happier and less stressed when I take care of me... It's taken some practice to allow myself to take this personal time but when I do I find that life in my world flows along gloriously.
Now, no one in my family but me would thrive on my wellness list so I don't try and encourage them to. Just because these activities work for me doesn't mean they will work for you. That is the personal part. What I can tell you for sure, is that once you find the magic ingredients to your own list (and it will feel like magic because you are functioning so much better) simply follow this list to the best of your ability everyday. Once you begin to make yourself your number one priority you will feel better and life won't seem like such an overwhelming job. It shouldn't be about the effort of getting through each day but the joy. Life is a gift and it is our personal job to make each day the best we can for ourselves through our unique perspectives.
Good Luck!!! Let me know how this works for you.
[ 1 comment ] ( 11 views ) | [ 0 trackbacks ] | permalink | ( 3 / 665 )